Honey + Balsamic Vinegar + Butter = Heaven. It’s sweet, tangy, and rich, all at the same time. You already know that I love roasted vegetables, but drenching roasted vegetables in a honey balsamic glaze takes them to the next level. And the best part? They’re incredibly simple. So you can have these heavenly Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots any day of the week, or save them for a special occasion like Thanksgiving or date night. Either way, they’re simple and delicious, and you won’t regret it.
Originally posted 2-23-2012, updated 11-9-2020.
Garnished with parsley, just for color.
What to Serve with Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots
I love these carrots with a really herby main dish, like Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin, or Herb Roasted Chicken Breast. The sweet and tangy carrots will make a nice contrast to the more subtle, deep herbal flavors. And don’t forget a big ol’ pile of creamy mashed potatoes! These fancy-pants carrots also make a beautiful addition to any Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs. carrots $1.69
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $0.16
- 1/4 tsp salt $0.02
- 1/4 tsp pepper $0.02
- 2 Tbsp honey $0.24
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar $0.55
- 1 Tbsp butter $0.14
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash and/or peel the carrots, then cut them into one-inch pieces.
- Place the carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add ¼ salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and toss the carrots until coated. Transfer the carrots to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring once half-way through.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the honey balsamic glaze. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pot and stir to combine. Simmer the glaze over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until it has reduced and thickened slightly. Remove the pot from the heat, then add the butter. Stir until the butter has melted into the glaze. Set the glaze aside.
- When the carrots are finished roasting, drizzle the honey balsamic glaze over top and toss to coat. Serve warm!
How to Make Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots – Step By Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash or peel two pounds of carrots and slice them into 1-inch pieces. Place the carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and toss until the carrots are coating in oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the carrots for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring once half-way through.
While the carrots are still in the oven, prepare the balsamic glaze. Combine the vinegar and honey in a small pot and simmer over medium-low for about 10 minutes or until it has thickened slightly.
Once the balsamic and honey mixture has reduced and thickened slightly, turn the burner off and add the butter. Stir until the butter has melted into the glaze. Set the honey balsamic glaze aside.
When the carrots are finished roasting, remove them from the oven and pour the honey balsamic glaze over top.
Toss the carrots to coat in the honey balsamic glaze. You can do this in a bowl, if you prefer, so that you don’t lose any of the delicious glaze.
Serve warm! You can garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.