This christmas ice cream cake is so fun and festive! Made with oreo cookies, ice cream sandwiches and a seasonal peppermint ice cream, it’s always a huge hit. Everyone loves it!
Who’s in for christmas ice cream cake?!
I’m raising all my hands. This cake is SO fun. Tastes amazing. Another recipe that looks pretty darn fancy but… isn’t. It’s easy and you will love it.
In fact, everyone will love it.
Layers of cookies and ice cream and chocolate, oh my. I used a pink peppermint ice cream that I found, but a peppermint bark or any other mint variety would work so well. Just wait until you bring it out for guests!
They will totally flip.
I’ve been waiting almost six months to make this christmas cake! If you follow my week in the life posts, it might look familiar. Back on the 4th of July, Lacy made this cake and it was OUTSTANDING.
First of all, it looked gorgeous. It was just so pretty and enticing.
And second, it was incredible. She used mint chocolate chip ice cream which is one of my kids’ favorites. We all loved it so much!
Since this is my traditional christmas cake week, I knew I had to share. In years past, I’ve always shared my christmas cake on this friday. I’ve made a pink peppermint cake, a white christmas sparkle cake, a hot cocoa cake with whipped marshmallow, and last year… no cake.
Last year I made a cake that ended up being a gigantic fail. And I wasn’t feeling that great in the early weeks of pregnancy, so I scrapped it. The entire thing was VERY 2020, you know?
Oh, haha, except the jokes on us: 2021 is still almost the same? No thank you!
This fabulous cake comes from the NY times and it could NOT be easier. I mean, this is so incredible easy, I can hardly take it.
The best part is that you can customize it to your liking. For example, Eddie doesn’t like the chocolate mint combo, but he loves cookies and cream. My number one choice would probably be chocolate peanut butter if we’re being honest.
But that’s what is so amazing – ANY flavor works!
You won’t believe the ingredients either. It’s super simple!
- Chocolate sandwich cookies, like oreos, for the crust. I like to use more than the recipe calls for to get a thick crumbly crust. It’s delish.
- Your favorite ice cream. Whether it’s plain old vanilla or something fancier. And you can make this wonderfully seasonal as well. Use a flavor or fruity flavor in the spring! Go full blown strawberry for summer. Pumpkin for the fall of course and then he we are – at Christmas!
- Ice cream sandwiches. Oh yes! That’s the secret. You layer them right into the cake and they provide a fancy looking cake layer. You want the classic rectangle ice cream sandwiches.
- Top it off with a drizzle of chocolate, of course.
- Finally, since we’re in holiday mode, I like to add crushed candy canes or peppermints. Super fun and festive!
This cake really reminds me of my mom’s frozen oreo cookie dessert too! Did you ever have that in the 90s?
It’s HUGE that you can make this ahead of time. Make it the day or night before – that makes entertaining SO easy. It obviously lasts and just needs to be stored in the freezer. Remove it 20 minutes or so before serving so you can slice. Everyone loves it! (more…)