The chicken will be crispy on the outside and juicy in-between. The salt and herbs enhance its flavor, giving it an extra zing that even your favorite broiler can’t match!
How to choose the best ingredients for Juicy chicken in herbs roasted in salt
Chicken: Choose the best quality chicken you can. Free-range ones that are not fed with artificial fodder will be the tastiest. Choose it for its appearance where the skin is pale pink, meringue shades of yellow will mean the chicken has been fed corn, and it will also be a good buoyancy option. Avoid white, blue, and, above all, glowing colors. This means the chicken isn’t fresh.
Salt: for the salt, you can choose the most ordinary, cheapest stone. It doesn’t have to be with unique accessories. After such baking, the salt will not be reusable. It only has to keep the water in the chicken to keep it juicy.
Tips and tricks
- Chicken can be prepared in herbs the day before then, and it will be even more aromatic.
- If you use chili flakes, it is good not to rub the chicken with your bare hands because the capsaicin contained in chili cannot be washed off only with water and soap. Unfortunately, this means that the smoking relationship will remain on your hands, and you can have unpleasant consequences if you touch your eyes, for example.
- However, if your hands contain spicy ingredients, wash them thoroughly with water and soap and then brush them with oil or olive oil, which will eliminate capsaicin, an aromatic compound in chili.
- If you have fresh herbs, you can also put a sprig of rosemary or thyme inside the chicken. This will make the aroma even more spread over the whole chicken.
Juicy chicken in herbs roasted in salt
- 1 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 kg salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tap sweet pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or chili flakes
- It is best to soak the chicken in cold water for about 1 hour. If the water is red, change the water during the rain or wash the chicken, dry it, rub it with mixed herbs and leave it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours as long as we have time
- Then sprinkle salt on the baking tray and put the chicken on the plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 170 degrees C / 338 degrees F / Gas mark 4
- Baking time is about 1.5 hours.
- The chicken will be very juicy because the salt keeps most water in it during baking.