Chocolate peanut butter bars are basically my dream dessert.
Seriously. Is there ANY better combo?! I think not.
Yes, there are other delicious things like brown butter and sage, tomato and basil and salt and vinegar, but peanut butter tops ALL for me.
A dip of a peanut butter spoon into chocolate chips solves everything.
Solves all. I swear.
That’s why peanut butter bars should totally happen for you this weekend! They are the perfect indulgent treat that everyone loves.
Errr, almost everyone. Can you believe that Eddie doesn’t love chocolate peanut butter?! I mean. HOW?! WHY?!
Does not compute for me.
These bars are a big bite of nostalgic. We ate these bars ALL the time as kids. They remind me of my grandma’s two toned fudge at christmas, but better, because… chocolate peanut butter of course. Mother Lovett rarely made peanut butter treats. All of the kids loved them, but the adults preferred more “grown up” flavors (as I called them), like butterscotch and chocolate walnut. Anytime peanut butter made an appearance, it was literally a treat.
My favorite part of these bars? The graham cracker crumbs in the crust. They provide a little bit of texture and add some graham-like flavor that I adore. I love graham cracker crusts in general, so mixing them into this base is just delicious. There is a bit of a crunch and it’s perfect.
These bars are no-bake but do require a little bit of fridge time. You can make them in a 9×13 inch dish for thin bars, or a 9×9 dish for thick bars. I suggest cutting them into tiny square because they are RICH! And indulgent.
What are your Halloween plans this year?! Trick or treating is still on here, and we may plan on a safe distanced trick or treat, depending on the week. But I also am allll about making some treats at home that bring in the good feels. Things that taste like our favorite candy, but better! Think this almond butter snickers tart and these bars here.
Pretty sure we’re all set!
Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Salted Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, (do not use natural PB!)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk or dark chocolate chips, your preference
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flaked salt
- Line a 9x13 inch pan (for thin bars) or a 9x9 inch pan (for thick bars) with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and vanilla until combined. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. I like to use the coconut oil because it helps firm the chocolate, but if you don’t have it/like it/are allergic, you can skip it. Once the chocolate is melted, pour it over the peanut butter layer and spread it evenly. Sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours before serving. To serve, cut into small squares. These are rich and decadent, so a small piece goes a long way!
This bite is everything.