Summer hasn’t really started until you make a triple berry salad.
This beauty is loaded with lots of my favorite ingredients, tastes incredible and is perfect for your 4th of July weekend.
Even if you’re just hanging out at home!
Remember when I shared the blueberry summer salad and told you that I already had made a berry salad for summer that I loved? Well here we are!
This is it.
The blueberry summer salad is definitely more of a side salad and one that can be a summer house salad to essentially go with anything.
This triple berry salad is more of an entree salad. One that is filling and satisfying with more hearty ingredients. Works for dinner tonight if you wish.
With that being said, it’s still definitely a salad that you could take to a picnic! Or a gathering with friends. Like one big potluck salad, if you will.
This isn’t the first triple berry salad I’ve made. Years ago, I created this one to get myself to eat more kale. IT WORKED.
There’s something about the strawberry + blueberry combo that is just so good. So wonderfully summery. I find that with those two berries, blackberries, raspberries or even cherries work.
And let’s talk about those chickpeas!
Cinnamon crunch chickpeas to be exact. One of my favorite things ever ever ever.
I prep roasted chickpeas nearly every week. They are a staple on a lot of my salads. These ones are cinnamon-y with a slight hint of heat. They are super crisp and delish and add incredible texture to the salad. They also add satiety, making this a great salad for dinner too!
The chickpeas, combined with the avocado and sunflower seeds (hello, more crunch) add so much to this bowl.
Now… what to drizzle on top?
One of my favorite dressings to make is a shallot vinaigrette. I have lots of them here on the blog. And I usually prefer using a shallot dressing over adding raw onion to my salads. You may think they are the same thing, but they totally aren’t!
In the vinaigrette, the shallots marinate a bit and get softer, losing some of the tangy, spicy bite. They almost turn into pickled onions, which you know I adore.
Please put it on the must-make list!
Triple Berry Salad with Cinnamon Crunch Chickpeas
Triple Berry Crunch Salad
cinnamon crunch chickpeas
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 to 10 cups spring greens
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
cinnamon crunch chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat the chickpeas completely dry with a paper towel. Place them on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, cinnamon, salt and cayenne. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once or twice during cook time.
- To assemble the salad, season the greens with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss in the berries and the avocado. Drizzle on the dressing and toss the salad a few times. Top with the crunchy chickpeas and sunflower seeds. Serve!
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. This keeps great in the fridge for a few days!
Those avocado wedges though.