I love spring, the sun, and fresh young vegetables. Some strawberries grow in the sun and taste entirely different than those available all year round. That’s why I like to prepare this salad in spring when everything tastes and smells like spring. The taste of spicy cauliflower and radishes is mixed with sweet, juicy strawberries. We combine all this with a very simple dressing, but you don’t need anything else in this salad. The taste of the sauce is complemented by egg yolks that gently melt. Everything is perfectly composed for spring, healthy lunch.
How to choose the best ingredients for Spring Strawberry Salad
Lettuce: choose the lettuce you like. The best for me will be the slightly crunchy one, i.e., romaine or iceberg lettuce. It can also be a salad mix. Romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce will keep their shape longer in a salad. Still, it isn’t necessary because this composition of vegetables is so delicious that it will only stay on the table for a short time.
Eggs: choose the best quality eggs you have available.
Radishes: If you can choose the type of radishes, choose the spicy ones.
Strawberries: strawberries choose the ones that will hold their shape in the salad and will be sweet. I like the Sonata variety, but you can choose the one that suits you. The strawberries must be firm.
Cauliflower: Young cauliflower will be the best, small, where the flowers are compact. There should be no discoloration on the cauliflower.
Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt or fresh sour cream will be best for the dressing. Other yogurts will be too low in fat, and the consistency will not be correct because the strawberries will definitely release their juice, diluting the sauce in our spring strawberry salad.
Mayonnaise: choose the best quality you have, and you can also prepare it yourself at home. Then, it will certainly be healthier. Step-by-step instructions on how to prepare mayonnaise can be found here.
Tips and tricks for Spring Strawberry Salad
- Sometimes there are worms in the cauliflower to get rid of them. It is good to immerse it in well-salted water for about 1 hour.
- If you have radish leaves, don’t throw them away. You will make delicious pasta pesto out of them.
Spring Strawberry Salad
- 1 pieces Iceberg
- 3 pieces Eggs
- 8 pieces Radishes
- 10 pieces Strawberries
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Eggs are best cooked half hard
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
- We tear the salad into pieces.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces, it is best to give birth to whole sticks, and then it will look lovely in a salad.
- Cut strawberries into halves or quarters, depending on size.
- To prepare the Greek yogurt salad dressing, we can optionally add mayonnaise, giving a more spicy taste. Then add sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.