Today we are eating the MOST delicious crab topped salmon!
Seriously, you might want to jump through your computer screen. This is one heck of a delicious, special meal. It’s restaurant-worthy! Extra special!
Definitely worth making sometime in the next two weeks. I promise.
Remember last week when I told you about the special meals I’ve created this month to share with you? I wanted to make sure that we all had some delicious options to make while staying at home – recipes that make the season and holiday feel special, even if we’re without family this year.
So far, I’ve shared this rosé coq au vin and this french onion soup with brûléed blue cheese. Both outstanding options for a fancy-feeling holiday meal, whether it’s just for you, yourself or your immediate family of five.
Today we’re adding crab topped salmon to the list and I could NOT be more excited.
Crab cakes have always held a special place in my heart because my grandma made ones that were fantastic. No filler – just perfect. Light, fully of lump crab and wildly flavorful.
After she passed away, I would make crab cakes all the time. Constantly!
I made them quite a bit for Eddie and I for dinner and would almost always make mini ones for parties. I especially love them with some sort of dip or house sauce.
So, enter salmon! Flaky, buttery and so perfect for a weeknight meal. I love how easy and versatile salmon is. It can be dressed up or down.
Pretty sure it’s safe to say that this salmon is DRESSED UP!
The crab topping is golden and crunchy on top – along with tasting like buttery heaven. It adds so much to the simple salmon that truly, all you need is a small slice. It’s incredibly satisfying. And you can spoon all that extra butter in the bottom of the dish on top!
I love to serve this with my parmesan roasted broccoli. It’s easily my favorite side dish and the one I make most often here. If you want to make a more complete and fancy meal, you could do these greek yogurt twice baked potatoes too!
You have to try!
Crab Topped Salmon
Crab Topped Salmon
- 2 pounds salmon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons dijon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- parmesan roasted broccoli, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a 9x13 (or oval) baking dish. I do this by adding in 2 tablespoons of butter and sticking the dish in the warming oven for a few minutes.
- Place the salmon in the dish, on top of the melted butter.
- In a bowl, combine the lump crabmeat with the egg, the breadcrumbs, mayo, parsley, dijon, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir until everything is moistened and the mixture comes together, almost like crab cakes.
- Scoop the crabmeat right on top of the salmon - I divide it evenly between pieces. There will be a lot of crab on top! This is good - it’s a healthy, indulgent dish.
- Bake the salmon at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until the crab meat is golden and the salmon is opaque and flakes with a fork.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle with extra fresh parsley. Serve with parmesan roasted broccoli!
Because that dish is heaven.
The post Crab Topped Salmon (aka, the perfect holiday meal!) appeared first on How Sweet Eats.