Inside: This creamy mango gelatin is a perfect dessert for any time of year that will have you and your guests asking for more.
Mexico may be more known for its antojitos, like tacos, tostadas, empanadas, and more, but we also have some tasty desserts! Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite desserts, which is mango gelatina, made with fresh mangoes and also includes cream cheese to give it an even creamier texture.
Making homemade gelatin is really pretty simple, and there are many different combinations and ways to do it. Of course you can just buy the pre-flavored packets at the store, but making everything from scratch is an even better way to do it. I personally prefer to make this tasty mango dessert and others from home, especially on a hot day where the whole family is craving something sweet and delicious.
What is Mango Gelatin?
Mango gelatin, or in Spanish, Gelatina de Mango, is creamy, sweet, and a favorite dessert in my family. It is best when you can use ripe mangoes since they tend to be sweeter which will result in a better end result for this recipe. Gelatin in general is a favorite among children, and my kids are no exception. Whenever I make any variety, they gobble it up as fast as they can, but the mango flavor is always one of their favorites.
This tasty dessert is easy to make and won’t cost a lot of money either, so it is a perfect option for any family.
How do you make Mango Gelatin?
Like I said above, this recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients. You will need the following to get started:
- Large, ripe mangoes (manila or ataulfo work great)
- Whole Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mexican crema
- Cream cheese
- Unflavored gelatin powder
- warm water
Once you have gathered the ingredients, you will need to follow the instructions below.
First, you will need to sprinkle gelatin in the water and mix well to dissolve the gelatin powder. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
Next, peel the mangoes and cut the mango into medium-sized mango cubes. Add them to your blender or food processor with the whole milk and blend until it reaches a somewhat thick consistency.
Add the above mixture to a medium sized pan and and heat over medium heat, stirring often and not allowing it to boil. After about 5 minutes, lower to the lowest heat possible.
The next step is to heat the previously prepared gelatin mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds so that it returns to a liquid state. Add to the pan with the fresh mango purée and mix well until completely disssolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
The final step is to blend the cream cheese, evaporated milk, crema, and sweetended condensed milk in a blender, adding that mixture to the mango mixture and stirring well. Add this to the gelatin mold of your choice and refrigerate for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
Check out these other desserts!
- The Most Delicious and Authentic Chocoflan Recipe
- The Best (and easiest) Flan Napolitano Recipe
- Lemon Carlota
- Authentic Mexican Buñuelos Recipe
- Delicious Mexican Mosaic Gelatin Recipe (Gelatina de Mosaico)
- The Best Churros Recipe with Sweet Piloncillo Dipping Sauce
Creamy Mango Gelatin
- 4 Ripe Mangoes
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk 14 oz
- 1 Can Condensed Milk 14 oz
- 1 Can Table Cream Crema Mexicana 8 oz
- 1 box Cream Cheese 8 oz
- 10 tsp Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup water
- Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin into the water in a bowl and stir well. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Peel the mangoes and cut them into medium sized cubes.
- Add the mangoes to a blender with the whole milk and blend. The consistency will be a bit thick.
- Add the above mango mixture to a medium sized pan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes, not allowing it to boil. After 5 minutes have passed, lower heat to the lowest possible setting.
- Put the bowl with the unflavored gelatin mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds to return it to a liquid state.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the mango mixture in the pan and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend the cream cheese, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and table cream in a blender.
- Add the above mixture to the mango mixture and stir well. Place in a large bundt pan and refrigerate for a minimum of 3-4 hours.