Would you believe that I haven’t always loved cookie dough ice cream?!
I know. It’s like… how did I even grow up in the 90s?
Yes, I did love cookie dough straight from the tube or tub or mixer or whatever form I could find it in. It might have been a middle school sleepover staple, right?
I think so.
P.S.Is it still ice cream season?! I sure hope.
Then again… maybe it’s ALWAYS ice cream season. For some of us.
Cookie dough in ice cream wasn’t my favorite. I would eat it occasionally but I was much more of a cookies and cream or mint chocolate chip person. That is… until I had this one.
After we fell hard for the no churn coffee oreo ice cream, I knew I had to make my next favorite flavor. If you’re never tried salt & straw’s salted malted cookie dough ice cream… oh my heavens. You re missing out.
Except now you’re not, because I made my own version!!
This isn’t an exact dupe (I didn’t do the fudge swirl or any of the malt flavor), but it’s really close.
We have a super vanilla-y ice cream – complete with vanilla bean specks throughout.
Then an edible cookie dough (yes, we toast the flour so you can actually eat it!) and lots of flaked salt.
The result is a silky ice cream with salty chocolate chip cookie dough chunks. It is PHENOM.
So I actually made a version of this last fall… with pumpkin. I KNOW!!! We loved it, but I ran out of time to post things and had too many recipes to share (happens often in the fall). But I’m thinking you’ll see it this year. In a few weeks actually. Because it’s a dream.
If I’m being honest I want a scoop of this on top of a scoop of coffee oreo. In a waffle cone please.
No Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
No Churn Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flaked salt
- 1 ½ cups cold heavy cream
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste, or 1 tablespoon extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the flour out on a baking sheet. Toast for 5 minutes, then stir and toast for 5 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let the flour cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugars and butter until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and water. Stir in the flour until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and the flaked salt. If the mixture is too soft, stick the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. You can either scoop the cookie dough out with a spoon or roll it into balls - you just want it to be in pieces so you can fold it into the ice cream.
- Place the heavy cream in a bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Beat with the electric mixer for another 1 to 2 minutes until combined. Use a spatula to fold in the cookie dough pieces, stirring until combined.
- Pour the mixture in a 9x5 inch loaf pan or a freezer proof ice cream container.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours before scooping and serving. Enjoy!
Look at that cookie chunk!
The post No Churn Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. appeared first on How Sweet Eats.