This lemon brown butter salmon is about to go down as one of your new favorite dinners!
If you’re in search of the easiest, most delicious dinner tonight, this is it. This meal will come together in about 15 minutes!
Okay and the best part? Like, the actual best part? There are only five ingredients. Four ingredients if you don’t count salt and pepper. How great is that!
This is a little on the boring, traditional side for my monday recipe, but this is so delicious that I had to share. It’s such an easy, wonderful staple to make. A great recipe to have in your rotation so you can throw something together fast. And one that everyone really enjoys!
This salmon is easily one of my favorites to make. While I generally prefer to roast salmon because it’s so much easier, this method is so unbelievably delish that you won’t believe it! I hope it makes it into the weekly rotation at your house.
First, I start to brown a little butter. This does require keeping an eye on the butter! You don’t want it to get TOO brown (or burn!) before adding the salmon. But once you become a brown butter connoisseur, this will be like second nature to you!
Once the butter is ever-so-slightly browned, which adds a ridiculous depth of flavor, you place the salmon in the pan and brown it on both sides. It only takes a few minutes to cook through, which is wonderful. The key to getting the salmon perfectly crispy is to make sure you pat it dry with a paper towel before throwing it in the skillet.
This helps SO much.
Next, the salmon is mostly browned and ready to go, so I add the lemon to the pan. I add both juice and slices. I love when the slices get all caramely and golden – and if you use meyer lemons or super thinly sliced lemons, you can even eat those.
Finally, a sprinkle of fresh parsley all over the skillet to top things off and add a little color.
I can’t even stand how easy this is. It’s embarrassingly easy! Also, how absolutely delicious it is. Per the photos, I love to serve this with my parmesan roasted broccoli. If you need a few other ideas, these parmesan pistachio kale chips are perfect and so are my cacio e pepe roasted brussels. Crispy smashed potatoes work too and if you want something even more hearty, serve it with a side of creamed spinach mac and cheese!
This is the perfect building block to have for your weeknight dinner menus!
Lemon Brown Butter Salmon
Brown Butter Lemon Salmon
- 12 ounces fresh salmon, cut into filets, about 1 inch in thickness
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 lemons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pat the salmon completely dry on both sides. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. After 2 to 3 minutes, brown bits should begin to form on the bottom of the pan. You don’t want it to burn, so watch closely! Place the salmon in the pan and cook on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until flakey and opaque. If at any time it appears that the butter is burning or getting to dark, lower the heat!
- Slice 1 of the lemons and juice the the other 2. Once the salmon is cooked through, add in the lemon slices and juice. Increase the heat a bit so the mixture comes to a simmer. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Top with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Maybe drag a piece of toasted sourdough through that sauce too!