This harvest tortellini skillet is sponsored by Stella Cheese!
This tortellini skillet is a pan full of fall heaven!
Cheesy, satisfying and filled with autumn flavors of squash, sage and brown butter – there is nothing better!
I look forward to these flavors all year long. Nothing tastes quite as comforting as a caramelly brown butter, sweet squash cubes, fried sage, bacon and cheesy pasta. This will be a go-to weeknight meal for you this season. And let me just say that the leftovers are incredible.
Today I’m partnering with Stella Cheese again, featuring their Fresh Mozzarella Cheese. Their mozzarella is absolutely incredible. It’s soft and silky – perfect for caprese salads in the summer, but it also melts beautifully, perfect for topping pizzas and pastas in these cooler months. Because of its versatility, fresh mozzarella is a staple in our fridge. We love it so much!
The Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese has a delicate flavor that enhances dishes so well. We’re layering it on top of a cheesy tortellini pasta dish today and the indulgence level is over the top.
Let’s get to it!
First, we’re cooking some bacon and once it’s crispy, we’re cooking a bunch of butternut squash in the bacon fat. Oh my YUM.
While the butternut squash is cooking, we’re going to brown a little butter and fry some sage. These are my ultimate favorite fall flavors and just typing them out has me excited.
Oh! We’re also cooking a bit of cheese tortellini here too. You have a little bit of leeway – you can make a spinach tortellini or another version you love. As long as it’s mild enough to go with these incredible flavors.
Then, it’s time to combine everything in one skillet – throw the tortellini and sage brown butter into with the squash. Add a touch of Stella Parmesan and a blanket of sliced Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese.
Throw the whole skillet under the broiler and let that Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese get all bubbly and melty. It is DREAMY!
Serve it up with an extra Stella Parmesan sprinkle for good measure. It’s hard to not eat it right out of the skillet!
This a major flavor bomb. The squash is sweet and a bit savory, the bacon is smoky and crunchy, the sage is earthy and slightly fresh. The Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese is melty and mild and brings the entire dish together.
I can’t get enough!
Like I mentioned above, the harvest tortellini skillet leftovers are deeeelish. I love a dinner where I find myself craving the leftovers the next day. This reheats well and is perfect to grab for lunch. It’s such a treat.
Harvest Tortellini Skillet
Harvest Tortellini Skillet
- Heat the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until it’s crisp and most of the fat has rendered. Throw in the sage leaves and let them crisp up in the bacon fat, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the bacon and sage with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper-towel lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Add the squash to the same skillet with the remaining bacon fat. Season it with a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring often, until the squash is fork tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions, usually 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the tortellini is finished, add it to the skillet with the squash. Toss well. Stir in the Stella Parmesan cheese. Stir the bacon and sage back into the pot. Cover with the Stella Fresh Mozzarella Cheese.
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high. Stick the skillet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the mozzarella is bubbly and melted. Remove the skillet and top with more parmesan. Serve immediately!
Those cheese pulls!