We survived the recent heatwave, which seemed like a good time to update my post on Vanilla Ice Cream, with new pictures. Probably the worst thing you can do in a heatwave is photograph ice cream, but I did it. As a former restaurant line cook, I can cook or bake through anything. Having a batch of freshly churned ice cream when it’s that hot, is never a bad idea, but plum sorbet, elderflower sorbet, and strawberry frozen yogurt, are also good ways to cool down, using seasonal fruits, berries, and flowers.
- Got cherries? Make the easy Cherry Red Wine Compote (shown above), or this Cherry Compote without red wine.
- This machine makes perfectly clear spheres of ice for just $199! Oops, I mean $999…
- Parents in the 18th arrondissement of Paris furious their kids were fed industrial, pre-packaged sandwiches.
- Wine glasses that float ensure you don’t spill. (But just in case, you might want to fill ’em with rosé, rather than red.)
- The curse of hashtagged honeymoons.
- The jambon-beurre is having a renaissance.
Continue Reading Weekend Reads...