Are you looking for the perfect fresh spring salad for grilled dishes? This sweet potato will be perfect. The unique combination of pomegranate, pineapple, and celery makes this salad juicy, crispy, and filling, which is ideal for hot days. You can eat fresh pineapple, pomegranate & celery salad alone or as an addition to spicy grilled dishes. If you like a combination of sweet and spicy, you must try it.
How to choose the best ingredients for Fresh Pineapple, Pomegranate & Celery Salad
Pomegranate seeds: pomegranates will be the best if they have shiny, firm skin and a red-orange color. Pay attention to the fact that the rind is not hard or dry, which may mean that the granules are already ripe, or they may be spoiled inside. And in the second case, when the skin on the outside is less red, mostly orange and pink, it may mean that the fruit seeds will be less sweet and juicy.
Pineapple: How to choose a ripe pineapple? Right in the center, we look for the smallest leaf among the green pineapple leaves and try to pull it out. If it comes out without a problem, the fruit is ripe. Such a simple trick allows us to choose the best and most ripe pineapple in the store.
Celery: Fresh celery will have light green stems without overdrying and brown spots at the tips. This will be the best and the tastiest, full of nutritional values.
Lemon juice: The best lemon juice is the fresh, squeezed one.
Natural yogurt: The yogurt can be whatever you like. I always use very thick and fatty Greek yogurt.
Tips and tricks
- You will squeeze the lemon juice most effectively as soon as you roll it on the countertop with a gentle press. In this way, the juice accumulated right next to the skin will also be perfectly squeezed, whether you use a citrus juicer or with just your hands.
- My advice when you squeeze lemon juice with your hands is better to use a strainer so that you do not have to remove the seeds from the liquid.
Fresh Pineapple, Pomegranate & Celery Salad
- 1/2 pomegranate seeds
- 1 small pineapple
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 handfuls pecan nuts
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 100 gr natural yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take the seeds out of the pomegranate fruit.
- Then turn the pineapple and cut it into cubes.
- Wash and finely chop the celery stalks.
- Cut the pecans into pieces.
- Put everything in a salad bowl.
- Then prepare the dressing for the salad.
- Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon and add to the yogurt.
- Crush a garlic clove and chop finely or press it through a garlic press.
- Mix everything well.
- Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Pour the salad with the dressing made in this way. Serve alone or with your favorite grilled meat. It is perfect for hot days because it is not only well-fed but also refreshes.