This delicious Wild Rice Salad is the perfect combination of textures and flavors. Made with chickpeas (or chicken breast), cherry tomatoes, red onion, parsley, mint, in a simple lemony dressing. Vegan!
Dilly Beans are deliciously crisp and tangy pickled green beans infused with garlic and dill; perfect as a snack, side dish, tucked into Bloody Marys, or as a tasty addition to charcuterie boards, hummus platters, and cheese boards.
This classic Three Bean Salad recipe is tangy & flavorful, full of fiber & plant protein. An easy make-ahead side dish for potlucks, and BBQs. Vegan & GF.
Southwest Pasta Salad is so satisfying with just the right amount of zesty kick. Tender pasta, crunchy fresh veggies, corn, and black beans dressed with a delicious Chipotle Ranch Dressing. The perfect side dish for potlucks, cookouts, and BBQS.
A healthy spruced-up version of classic Pea Salad tossed in a creamy Greek yogurt dressing with lots of fresh herbs and smoked cheese. Tangy, delicious, and made in one bowl in about 20 minutes! Vegetarian, GF, Vegan-adaptable!
A quick and easy dinner idea, Baked Enchilada Beans are made with homemade, 5-minute enchilada sauce and Mexican cheese, baked in the oven until warm and melty. Turn them into burrito bowls for a delicious healthy dinner!
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a medium baking sheet with a couple pieces of paper towel.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place onto paper towel. Add a couple paper towels on top and roll the chickpeas around until completely dry. This helps them crisp up in the oven.
- Add the chickpeas into a medium mixing bowl and stir in the oil until coated. Now stir in the rest of the seasonings.
- Discard paper towel and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Add chickpeas back onto the baking sheet.
- Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes. Give the pan a gentle shake to stir the chickpeas and roast for another 15-20 minutes, until golden and lightly charred on the bottom. I roast for a full 40 minutes because I like them on the crispy side, but keep an eye on them as oven temps vary.
- Cool for 5 minutes or so and then top on your salad. They will lose their crispness quickly so these are best enjoyed immediately. You can also freeze the chickpeas once fully cooled and reheat them in the oven for 5 minutes or so to bring back the crispness.
Nutrition Information(click to expand)
This Chickpea Salad is quick, easy and full of fresh flavors and crunchy texture. Made in one bowl with a simple lemon olive oil dressing, everything comes together in about 20 minutes! With summertime upon us we thought it would be nice to have some q…
Full of savory flavor, these Cuban Black Beans are made with dry black beans (or canned beans) and simple seasonings. A healthy side dish that will complement many dishes. The recipe card includes both Stove Top and Instant Pot instructions. Vegan. The…
Indian lentil soup with garam masala is delicious and ultra comforting. A simple healthy vegan meal anytime of the year.