These cheeseburger sliders are so insanely good, you won’t want a burger any other way!
Okay, we’re finishing off comfort food week with these for the big game on Sunday. Cannot even express how super bowl worthy these are. I reeeeally hope you try them because they are such a treat.
And it’s official.
I am in LOVE with this recipe.
The concept isn’t new, but these sliders are SUCH a fun way to serve burgers to your family, especially if you don’t want to light up the grill. My smash burgers are my favorites to make indoors, but these are taking a very close second.
They are SO easy. They taste like heaven.
The ingredients are ridiculously simple too. Buns, beef, cheese, condiments of your choice.
And my house sauce, hello!
They take 10 minutes to throw together, then another 10 or 15 to bake until melty.
SERIOUSLY. It does not get easier.
And you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time if you’d like! These are so easily customizable.
If you’ve been around here for awhile, you might remember yearssss ago when I made these slow cooker cheeseburgers. They are weirdly good, even if they technically take longer than a real burger. Just a nice switch.
I took some inspiration from that (and my cheeseburger pizza!) to mix condiments INTO the actual ground beef, which goes such a long way. I know it seems a little weird, especially if you don’t like mustard, but I promise you can’t taste it. It almost makes the filling taste like a shake shack-ish burger and is totally restaurant worthy. It’s delightful!
So this is how simple it it:
Brown the ground beef.
Layer the buns, cheese, beef, house sauce. Maybe more cheese if you’re into it. (Always into it!)
Bake until warm.
Serve with all the burger toppings that you love.
That is it!
It’s embarrassingly easy. Eddie, who is basically a burger connoisseur, adores them. Max and Emilia LOVE that they are tiny sliders that their little hands can grab. I find them so much easier to eat too!
Hoping that sells you if the cheesy bites do not! They are DELISH.
Easy Double Cheddar Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 loaf of 12-count slider buns, such as brioche buns or hawaiian rolls
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup house sauce (recipe below)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated white sharp cheddar cheese
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the slab of slider rolls in half horizontally, keeping them attached as much as you can. Place the bottom of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it apart into small crumbles. Stir in the ketchup and mustard until combined.
- Place the sliced sharp cheddar on the bottom layer of the slider buns. Top that with the ground beef mixture. Drizzle on the house sauce. Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar.
- Top with the slider buns. Brush with a touch of olive oil or butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the sliders for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melty. Serve immediately with your favorite burger condiments and house sauce.
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and combined. You can make this a day or so ahead of time!