This is how you make delish avocado summer rolls that everyone will flip over!
Because: crunchy, cooling, satisfying, delicious. These check all the summer meal boxes.
I’m ridiculously excited about these little bites of love. They are the perfect meal when you need something DIFFERENT, you know?
These aren’t the first summer rolls that I’ve shared here on the blog – I love these crispy chicken ones with blood orange dipping sauce.
I’ve made a sweeter version, with strawberry kiwi and a honey dipping sauce.
Oh and P.S. I also have a super fun summer roll recipe coming in my new book!
There is something about summer rolls that is just.so.satisfying. They are ridiculously fresh but also have a good bit of crunch. They usually come with a delicious sauce for dipping (or drowning? ha.) and it’s often the best part.
Summer rolls are SO so so versatile. Basically throw whatever crunchy veg or even leftovers you have in the fridge into the rice paper wrappers and you’re good! It’s a lovely light little summer meal.
Plus, they are kind of cute right?!
Also, the peanut dipping sauce.
This is based on the peanut sauce I’ve made here on the blog for years and years. I’ve used it on salads and noodles and basically everything. This version has a little bit of coconut milk too. It has just the slightest hint of coconut flavor which is incredible. Much like my favorite hummus, you whisk in some warm water to thin it out and make the sauce dippable. It is DIVINE. It’s easy.
Leftovers are fab.
I mean, I could probably drink this stuff.
We adore these for lunch or dinner – or even a quick snack. The kids love making them too!
And of course we allll love eating them.
Avocado Summer Rolls
Avocado Chicken Summer Rolls w Coconut Peanut Sauce
- 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 baby seedless cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 lime, for spritzing
- salt and pepper
coconut peanut dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup hot water, or a little more if needed
- pinch salt and pepper, if needed
- Set up an assembly line with your shredded chicken, cucumber sticks, avocados and cilantro.
- To assemble the rolls, fill a round cake pan or skillet with warm water. Dip rice paper wrapped in and submerge it completely for 15 to 20 seconds. Remove it and place the rice paper on a cutting board. Top it with a few pieces of shredded chicken, a few cucumber sticks, a few pieces of avocado and a pinch of cilantro. Spritz with lime juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Start rolling from one end and fold in the sides as you go. The paper will stick together and your roll will hold! Repeat with the remaining rice paper wrappers. Serve with the peanut sauce!
coconut peanut dipping sauce
- Whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice and garlic until combined. Whisk in the hot water until the dip thins out and is smooth. Taste and season with a pinch of salt and pepper if needed. If the dip thickens up again, you can always add in a drop of hot water and stir! This stays great in the fridge for a few days.
Enjoy eating green this way!
The post Avocado Chicken Summer Rolls with Coconut Peanut Dipping Sauce. appeared first on How Sweet Eats.