Pasta with tomatoes and burrata is a classic Italian dish that is beloved all over the world. This simple yet delicious recipe brings together the flavors of fresh tomatoes, creamy burrata cheese, and al dente pasta to create a dish that is both comforting and elegant.
To make pasta with burrata and tomatoes, you will need: pasta, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and of course, burrata cheese. The key to making this dish is to use high-quality ingredients.
Serve the pasta with burrata cheese and tomatoes immediately, garnished with fresh basil, spinach or parsley if desired. The creamy burrata cheese pairs perfectly with the tangy tomatoes and the al dente pasta, creating a dish that is both rich and refreshing.
One of the great things about pasta with tomatoes and burrata is how versatile it is. You can add additional ingredients to the dish, such as fresh herbs or chopped nuts. You can also use different types of pasta, such as spaghetti, penne, bucatini, fettuccine, linguine or fusilli.
Pasta with tomatoes and burrata is a simple yet flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are cooking for yourself or for a crowd, this dish is sure to impress. So the next time you are looking for a quick and easy meal that is both delicious and nutritious, give pasta with tomatoes and burrata a try!
How to serve burrata on pasta? On the plates gently stir the cheese into the pasta and tomatoes until it is just starting to melt.
On top of individual servings: For a more elegant presentation, you can add a piece of burrata cheese on top of each individual serving of pasta. This works well for dishes like spaghetti or linguine, where the pasta strands can be easily twirled around the cheese.
Garnish: You can also use burrata cheese as a garnish for pasta dishes. For example, you could serve a simple tomato sauce pasta and top it with a small ball of burrata cheese, some fresh herbs like basil or parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Burrata Tomato Pasta
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 6,5 oz (180 g) spaghetti
- 2 ball of burrata cheese
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 regular tomatoes (or 150 g canned tomato puree – passata)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 pinches of oregano or Provencal herbs
- 1 pinch of chili pepper
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine or 1 splash of balsamic vinegar
- Blend the regular tomatoes into a puree if not using canned tomato puree.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice the garlic into thin pieces.
- In a pan, melt half of the butter and add the frying oil. Add the garlic and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes, making sure the garlic does not change color.
- Add the tomato puree, herbs, and chili pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes until it evaporates.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach leaves, and pine nuts to the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta, remaining butter, and 3-4 tbsp of the pasta water. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Divide the pasta onto plates and place a torn by hand ball of burrata on the side. Season the burrata with salt and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
UKRAINIAN HOME COOKING
Favorite recipes with love
The book is available on Amazon in different countries.
50% of each sale will be donated to Charity to help the children and people of Ukraine.